In 2008 Oregon Physics, LLC received a grant from the National Science Foundation.
Oregon Physics develops and manufactures innovative ion beam systems. We also offer services in the design, development, fabrication, and installation of custom ion sources and optics for clients’ specialized applications.
- Hyperion™: a high brightness plasma ion source that produces a high density plasma with low ion temperature.
- FIB Aperture Strips: Oregon Physics can quickly supply custom apertures strips for common FIB columns such as the FEI Magnum and Prelens columns.
- Micromachining: our plasma ion source on a custom FIB instrument enables much larger milled volumes than can be achieved with a traditional liquid metal ion source (LMIS) FIB.
- Ion Source Characterization: our unique Time-of-Flight Analyzer evaluates the mass composition and energy spread distribution of your ion beam.
Oregon Physics provides contract ion beam system design services for both industrial and research clients. We can provide:
- Custom ion source design, construction, and evaluation
- Expert ion optics and electromagnetic simulations using the M.E.B.S, PBGUNS and IES' Lorentz modeling software
- Advanced FIB column design including high voltage, optical, vacuum, and mechanical design capabilities
Research & Development
Oregon Physics is continually researching ion source and optics improvements to increase the performance of our ion beam systems and to apply our technology into new applications. We are currently conducting research on: